St. Catherine's Montessori is dedicated to giving each student an opportunity to develop as an athlete and as a person. It is our goal to help each student reach their maximum potential which teaching them to realize the significance of commitment, competition, loyalty, teamwork, and worth ethic. We expect each student to be a respectable representative of themselves, their team, and their school.
Eligibility and Student Commitment
St. Catherine's students are eligible to participate in after-school sports beginning their 4th year.
Primary and Lower Elementary children may participate in Saturday Soccer, a non-competitive soccer league led by our parent volunteers in the PSO committee, Friends of Athletics.
The after-school sports program is committed to building an athletics tradition that provides opportunities for students of all skill levels to enjoy the excitement, community and physical development of sports. Athletes make a commitment to themselves and their teammates when they join a team. This commitment includes always working hard, being a good teammate, and attending all team practices and games.
A variety of after-school sports are offered for St. Catherine's students throughout the school year. These activities are offered for students in grades 4-12. We are committed to building an athletics tradition that provides opportunities for students of all skill levels to enjoy the excitement, community, and physical development of sports.
*Start date has changed since the Year in Advance went to print. Please use the new date as listed here.
- Volleyball – Monday, August 28, 2023*
- Soccer – Tuesday, September 5, 2023*
- Basketball – Monday, November 6, 2023*
- Track & Field – Monday, February 5, 2024*
Each sport will be available for both boys and girls. The number of registrants per sport will determine whether there will be a boys' team and a girls' team, or one co-ed team.
Practice Schedules for Basketball
- Upper Elementary will practice Monday – Thursday from 3:30 to 4:10 p.m.
- Adolescent Community Varsity Girls will practice Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Adolescent Community Varsity Boys will practice Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. (players will remain on campus until practice starts)
- High School will practice Wednesdays from 3:45 to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays 2:45 to 4:00 p.m.
Parents are required to attend the parent meeting for each sport their child plays. The parent meetings will be held in the gym, and the schedule is as follows:
- Volleyball (Upper Elementary) – Thursday, August 31 at 4:00 p.m.
- Volleyball (Adolescent Community) – Thursday, August 31 at 5:00 p.m.
- Volleyball (High School) – Wednesday, September 6 at 5:00 p.m.
- Soccer (Upper Elementary) – Thursday, August 31 at 4:10 p.m. on soccer field
- Soccer (Adolescent Community) – Tuesday, September 5 at 5:00 p.m. on soccer field
- Soccer (High School) – Tuesday, September 5 at 5:00 p.m. on soccer field
- Basketball (Upper Elementary) – Monday, November 13 at 4:10 p.m. in High School
- Basketball (Adolescent Community) – Monday, November 13 at 5:00 p.m.
- Basketball (High School) – TBD
- Track & Field – Thursday, February 8, 2024, at 5:00 p.m.
Registration Forms and Fee Schedules
Sports registration forms for 2023-2024 are available on FACTS Family Portal under Resource Documents tab.
You may register your child for their chosen sport(s) all at once, or one-at-a-time. Registration for each sport will close at the end of the first week of practice. (See registration form for individual sport deadlines.)
All participating students must have a valid Pre-Participation Physical Examination form on file with the school at the time of registration. The first registration deadline (volleyball/soccer) is Monday, August 28. If you already completed and returned the Pre-Participation Physical Examination form earlier this summer as part of the Required Forms process, you do not need to submit the form again.