Letters from the Board
September 9, 2022
Dear St. Catherine’s Community,
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year! We are excited about what this year will bring and hope you are too. The primary charge of the board is maintaining the institution's essential character and integrity while being the guardian of the school's mission. The board recognizes that its primary work and focus are long-range and strategic.
The St. Catherine Montessori Board of Directors is composed of nine members, many of whom are familiar to the community:
- Ryan Patterson (President)
- Angie Gubitz (Vice President; Chair of Head of School Support & Evaluation Committee)
- Misty Matin (Secretary; Chair of Advancement Committee)
- Lauren Wasielewski (Treasurer; Chair of Finance Committee)
- Kathy Hijazi (Co-Chair of Strategic Planning Committee)
- Chad Mavity (Co-Chair of Strategic Planning Committee)
- Sarah Scherschel (Co-Chair of Committee on Directors; Buildings & Grounds Committee)
- Kevin Smith (Head of School Support & Evaluation Committee)
- Denise Stasio (Co-Chair of Committee on Directors)
We look forward to meeting you on campus or at a St. Catherine’s event! If you would like to know a little more about us, please read our bios on the SCM website’s Board page.
This year our Board of Directors has two main goals:
- To continue to support Lina Delgado as she settles into her first year as Head of School.
- To create the next five-year Strategic Plan for 2023-2028.