To receive a 2020 tax receipt, all gifts must be processed by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2020.
- Our online giving portal is accessible 24/7
- Credit card gifts made over the phone or via the USPS must be received by 3:00 PM on December 31 to ensure timely processing
- Checks sent via the USPS must be dated on or before December 31, 2020 and must have a 2020 postmark
- The CARES Act allows individuals who don't itemize deductions to take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for cash contributions made in 2020
- For those who do itemize their deductions, CARES increased the adjusted gross income (AGI) limit for cash contributions from individual donors. For cash contributions made in 2020, you can now elect to deduct up to 100% of your AGI
- As always, please discuss tax considerations with your professional tax advisors
Contact us at (713) 665-2195 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Thank you for keeping St. Catherine's in mind as your make your year-end giving plans. We wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!