“This quote resonates with our mission at St. Catherine’s to awaken in our students the awareness of their gifts and responsibilities as individuals in relationship with Jesus Christ and as stewards of the global community.” — Susan Tracy, Head of School.
At the August 30th Welcome Back Parent Meeting Head of School Susan Tracy welcomed many parents to the start of the school year by affirming their decision, with research and testimonials, to choose a Montessori education for their children.
She also highlighted the following:
- The first class of seniors from the SCM High School will graduate May 2020.
- Our AC and HS students are hosting, with other Houston-area students, a climate caucus on Tuesday, September 10. This student led, non-partisan event is a continuation of last school year’s climate change symposium “From Knowing to Acting”. All are welcome to attend. Please RSVP to the Eventbrite invitation you have received via email.
- The adolescents also will continue their work developing our Japhet Creek campus where they will study sustainable energy, permaculture and environmental stewardship. In addition, High School and the Adolescent Community students will participate in building a permanent labyrinth in the Dominican Peace Garden for all to enjoy throughout the year.
- The guides from Infant Community to the Adolescent Community devoted their time last Saturday to a workshop given by Alison Awes, an internationally-known Montessori trainer and presenter about literacy support. The strategies learned will be implement to support all students at St. Catherine's.
- An all-school parent survey will be sent out in November.
- The highly-recommended and popular Montessori Journey is scheduled for October 18 and 19. This event is open to a limited number of parents and will allow them to experience the Montessori journey from the Infant Community to High School. Invitation via Eventbrite is forthcoming.